Recovery Resources to Get Out and Stay Out
Here at Bud's Bail Bonds, our agents care about our defendants and their families. We realize that a vast majority of arrestees suffer from drug or alcohol dependency or mental health issues. In order to prevent re-arrest, it is vital that the underlying issues be addressed. We're committed to helping each of our clients and their families get the resources they need so they can get out, stay out, and find a new way to live.
If you or someone you know is battling addiction:
Explore the following resources for addiction support meetings. Please call our office so we can provide you with personal assistance to help you get on the right path today.
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous): Find meetings near you at AA Meeting Search.
- NA (Narcotics Anonymous): Discover local meetings by visiting NA Meeting Search.
For family members seeking guidance and support: Gain strength from the community through Al-Anon meetings. Find an Al-Anon meeting in your area by visiting Find an Al-Anon Meeting
- VI-PER Program: This is an excellent free drug and alcohol rehabilitation program for qualified homeless Sarasota County residents.
- Purpose House of Sarasota: Many newly sober individuals are without a safe, clean, and sober living area and are forced back to the environment which may have caused them to use in the first place. Transitional homes, also known as sober living, provide a safe environment for persons willing to maintain sobriety.
- First Step of Sarasota: Several treatment options are available through this website, including fee-for-service programs, department of corrections programs, programs for chemically addicted clients with mental health disorders, programs for pregnant mothers with substance abuse, and state-funded programs. Several of these options can be free for Sarasota County residents.
- Drug Court: The mission of Drug Court is to reduce crime and substance abuse through drug treatment and judicial supervision while promoting educational and vocational participation and improved social functioning.
- DUI Court: The mission of DUI Court is to reduce the number of repeat DUI offenders by providing alternative community-based treatment, thereby increasing both offender productivity and public safety.
- Marchman Act: The Marchman Act is a law under Florida Statute that enables people to obtain help for a loved one who is unwilling to seek substance abuse services voluntarily. The addict or alcoholic will be involuntarily admitted into a detox facility if qualifications are met.
Narcotics Anonymous Sarasota / Bradenton (Suncoast Area) Meeting List:
- Centerstone: Centerstone has services for inpatient, residential, intensive outpatient, and counseling services for mental health, substance abuse, and crisis intervention. Learn more now.
- Charlotte Behavioral Health: This is a Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Sarasota, DeSoto, and North Port resource for mental health and substance abuse programs and services, including crisis stabilization, detox, psychiatric issues, case management, and court services.
- Sarasota County Jail-Recovery Pod: This 12-step recovery program is offered at the Sarasota County jail for inmates as an alternative to the general population. Instead of just “doing time,” they can request an application from a correctional officer to live in this part of the jail, where they can attend meetings, self-help classes, and relapse prevention groups.
- Suncoast Work Force: This is a free nonprofit community resource for employment and training services in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. These services include GED and TABE testing, skills training, resume building, job leads, college assistance, veterans’ services, federal bonding, free interview clothes, and many other services.
Remember, you are not alone on this journey. Seek support and take the first step towards a healthier and happier life
Areas We Serve
We can provide bail bonds, notary services, and warrant search services to local clients. If you’d like to learn more about what we do, then consider calling (941) 923-BOND.
- Sarasota County, FL
- Manatee County, FL
- Charlotte County, FL